The primary responsibility of the DevOps Engineer II/III is to support development teams and QA with the processes, documentation, tools, and guidance to effectively deliver software. The DevOps Engineer II/III will work collaboratively with the rest of the technical team to improve the way technology is delivered which includes designing and implementing systems to improve reliability, scalability, security, and performance. This includes researching, developing, maintaining, and documenting tools and processes to support the entire product life cycle. The DevOps Engineer II/III can work on problems of moderate scope where analysis is required for a variety of factors.
- Work in close partnership with development teams and production to ensure a collaborative approach to software development and reliable and scalable deployments.
- Follow best practices and standards in systems design, operations, code deployment, and product support.
- Handle code deployments in all environments.
- Manage CI and CD tools with team.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Continuously monitor the performance of applications, services and databases.
- Standardize and maintain the documentation of critical IT systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Develop metrics, monitoring, and alerting to observe the health of the build, test, and deployment systems.
- Be proactive in anticipating issues and take corrective action to prevent them.
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of products.
- Improve infrastructure development and application development.
- Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base.
- Must work well as part of a team, while being highly self-motivated and directed.
- A passion for automation and efficiency
- Ability to document architectures and workflows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to relay complex topics to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Possess strong work ethic and able to deliver solutions under a tight deadline.
- Ability to balance urgency with sound decision making and careful execution.
- Ability to balance business and technical objectives when making decisions.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.