Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Under supervision of the Head Swim Coach or Aquatics Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible for the overall organization, management and daily operation of the YMCA swim team program. The Assistant Swim Team Coach will assist the Head Swim Team Coach or Aquatic Director with various branch activities such as special events, and other activities that occur on various occasions.
- Assist in recruiting, training, managing and evaluating all staff and volunteers.
- Assist in supervising the general facilities on-site (pool, pool deck, equipment storage, locker rooms, classrooms) as well as off-site upkeep, cleanliness and proper usage during and following program use.
- Remains current on all legal matters that relate to swim team as well as all issues regarding YMCA and dual membership associations.
- Assists in developing a working committee of volunteers to serve as policy makers and advisors for program.
- Communicates with swimmers and parents on team policy and activities.
- Maintain team roster and individual meet achievements for each team member.
- Pursue educational opportunities through the National YMCA Competitive Swimming Coaches Association and the American Swimming Coaches Association.
- Attends as many as possible of organizational meetings for swim league and swim team parents’ group meetings.
- Attends all swim team functions and is responsible for conduct of team members and parents.
- Other duties as required.