The Healthcare Technology Specialist I analyzes medical technology price quotations from a financial perspective and provides hospitals with information and resources to facilitate price negotiations with vendors. Works with ECRI member hospitals to assess equipment needs and identify appropriate vendors and models. Creates documents and reports using ECRIs PricePaid Database and MS Office software applications.
Synthesizes information from internal ECRI databases and a variety of external sources, including vendors, technical and business publications, and technology information services. Reviews Healthcare Product Comparison reports and provides updated model and pricing information.
Other related tasks as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements(s)
Responsibilities (Specific responsibilities will vary based on level of experience):
- Requires minimal supervision in daily work.
- Manages multiple ongoing tasks in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates exceptional time management
, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with colleagues across departments in the organization.
- Ability to perform and maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and communication skills via email and phone
- Ability to understand and use most of the available resources, including ECRI databases, library, and Internet, and is able to make recommendations with the help of their technology leads to staff and clients on most aspects of healthcare technology, as necessary.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients by routinely keeping them informed of project status and developments.
- Ability to anticipate internal workload needs with the help of their technology lead and to plan accordingly, in order to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Provide well written, technically accurate reports to clients regarding equipment needs assessment, equipment negotiation support, service planning, installation and implementation.
- Perform other related or unrelated duties as assigned.