The Events Specialist contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International by planning, organizing, and administrating all aspects of donor events in the assigned market. The role partners cross-functionally with the Advancement and Corporate and Foundations teams on audience development; the Marketing team on communications and collateral; Human Resources on volunteers; IT, Finance, and the Executive team on other event elements.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute opportunities for donors to become committed to and inspired by Medical Teams, including but not limited to; large events (650-800 people), smaller initiatives such as Healthy Women, Healthy World (40-200 people), and monthly virtual events such as Community Matters; opportunities to connect with Field Operations staff, executive leadership, and other donors; and vision trips.
- Track expenses and outcomes for assigned events.
- Create event budgets in collaboration with Director of Advancement. Coordinate with finance on additional staff time allocated to events.
- Administer the production of reports on agreed to metrics after events are complete in a clear, open, and timely basis. Create, maintain, and distribute regular reports on the status of events and programs.
- Administer all tasks required for a successful event including but not limited to; collaborating with the Event Consultant, Exhibit Specialist, and Advancement Team members: project management, developing budgets and timelines; executing solicitation strategies; facilitating vendor contracts, site visits, volunteer coordination; procurement, sponsorship, ticketing and seating; licensing, insurance etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including VP Marketing and Development, and event consultants to develop compelling mission-focused programs.
- Identify, cultivate, and recruit committee and subcommittee members, and mentor auction chairs and subcommittee chairs as needed.
- Coordinate with the event consultants to oversee relationships with auctioneer, emcee, AV/production consultants, catering, décor, and other event vendors.
- Coordinate and interact with major donors, celebrities, high corporate leaders, volunteers, employees, and guests.
- Collaborate with Marketing to manage creation of all event materials, invitations, email correspondence, and social media publicity.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all events, including internal event calendar.
- Partner with the Advancement and Corporate and Foundations Teams to manage relationships with corporate sponsors and secure matching grants.
- Coordinate and oversee activities during the event.
- Facilitate debriefings and coordinate with the Advancement Team to develop follow-up plans for auction attendees and donors, both corporate and individual.
- Coordinate post-auction buy-in events when applicable.
- Administer logistics including travel plans and catering.
- Administer CRM data for all events including creation of event modules, revenue codes in CRM, proper data entry for all events-related donations and work with the Ops/Analytics team to correct errors and omissions.
- Administer the processing and recording of events-related donations by working with staff across the fundraising and finance departments.
- Act as liaison for donors and vendors with accounting department, coordinate or prepare requested requisitions for vendor payments, including monitoring accuracy of invoices and resolving payment and billing issues.
- Record and maintain e-files for event-related correspondence and contacts with donors and prospects.
- Research, evaluate and recommend potential consultants and vendors.
- Assist other Events Specialist before, during and after the specified event as necessary, sharing best practices.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.