This is a limited duration grant funded position. Application here is an expression of interest in the role. Final hire for this position will be directed through a staffing agency agreement.
The Mobile Dental Assistant for US Programs contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International through assisting with and providing direct dental care to patients experiencing high health disparities. This position will support a specific and limited duration program to serve rural communities with urgent dental needs and provide them with COVID-19 vaccinations.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist with dental procedures in a manner that sets the standard of care for US Programs. Procedures include, but are not limited to limited/comprehensive exams, fillings, and extractions.
- Aid in the collection of patient health history and vitals.
- Educate and encourage preventive procedures to prevent future oral health complications. Educate patients on post-operative instructions.
- Demonstrate active listening to patient complaints and prepare patients for procedures by aiding in understanding and answering questions as appropriate.
- Obtain patient consent for all procedures, including ensuring that consent forms are understood and signed for procedures requiring consent forms.
- Expose dental radiographs as prescribed by the dentist.
- Assist dentist chairside: prepare tables and trays with necessary equipment for procedure, assist dentist during procedure, clean and sterilize instruments post-procedure, sterilize dental operatory and prepare room for next patient encounter.
- Maintain patient records in compliance with HIPAA laws and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for clinical dentistry.
- Utilize asepsis controls to prevent transmission of communicable diseases.
- Support the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Adhere to Medical Teams and US Programs standards, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as an ambassador for Medical Teams and US Programs at all times.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels of staff and community partners.
- Attend staff and mandatory in-services meetings.
- Participate in continuing education and assume responsibility for updating professional skills.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.