This is a limited duration grant funded position. Application here is an expression of interest in the role. Final hire for this position will be directed through a staffing agency agreement.
The Mobile Dentist for US Programs contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International through providing direct dental care to patients experiencing high health disparities and as part of a program to reach rural communities with both dental care and COVID-19 vaccinations.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Perform dental procedures in a manner that sets the standard of care for US Programs. Procedures include, but are not limited to, limited/comprehensive exams, fillings, and extractions.
- Demonstrate active listening to patient chief complaints and communicate treatment options in a respectful and understandable manner that supports and encourages patient autonomy.
- Evaluate patient medical history and medical condition prior to treatment to ensure safe practices
- Educate and encourage preventive procedures to prevent future oral health complications.
- Prescribe medications (antibiotics, analgesics) conservatively and when appropriate.
- Provide COVID-19 vaccinations
- Provide referrals to primary care physicians, dental care homes, dental specialists (endodontists, denturists, prosthodontists, etc.) when needed. Provide resources when appropriate for food, housing, mental health, etc. when appropriate.
- Maintain patient records in compliance with HIPAA laws and standards.
- Assure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements for clinical dentistry.
- Document thorough chart notes, including all information required for Medicaid claims submission.
- Utilize asepsis controls to prevent transmission of communicable diseases.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Adhere to Medical Teams and US Programs standards, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as an ambassador for Medical Teams and US Programs at all times.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels of staff and community partners.
- Attend staff and mandatory in-services meetings.
- Participate in continuing education and assume responsibility for updating professional skills.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.