Asmodee North America (ANA) locally headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Arkham Horror,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories.
ABOUT OFFICE DOG
Office Dog is a new studio inside of Asmodee North America. Office Dog is going to rely heavily on external freelancers with only a small core team of full-time employees. As such, employees of Office Dog will do a lot of managing of external talent as well as interfacing with the studio resources that are provided by Asmodee North America.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Creative Director is responsible for the overall look of all Office Dog products and marketing. This positions main responsibility is to manage the visual creative team (VCT) - which will include Graphic Designers (internal and external) and work with external freelance artist (2d and 3d) as they create assets that comprise the visual look of our games.
- Manage assignments and workload for the VCT, and provide them with useful, constructive feedback.
- Learn and then train members of the VCT on various topics, including maintaining databases, file organization and other department processes.
- Scout for new artistic talent and review portfolios.
- Oversee the direction of all 3d sculpts.
- Work with the VCT and the Studio Head to manage the overall look and visual theme of all products and studio branding.
- Interface with the Asmodee NA Production team, abide by their processes, and work with them to pioneer new initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with development to ensure that art assignments result in high-quality art pieces that are both thematic and functional.
- Assist the VCT by filling in roles as needed.
- Work with Head of Studio to obtain their approval on final versions of all products.
- Maintain and update a database of freelance art talent - both 2d and 3d.
- Playtest Office Dog products and provide feedback to game developers/designers.
Note: Due to Office Dogs small staff size, the Creative Director may be required to periodically fulfill other responsibilities as needed