With a problem-solving mandate, the Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) is a think- and do- tank that tackles major policy challenges confronting the Asia-Pacific in security, prosperity, sustainability, and the development of common norms and values for the region.
The Program Officer provides program, research, administrative, and logistical support for Asia Society Policy Institutes policy initiatives and operations, and specifically for the Vice President for International Security and Diplomacy in New York City. S/he reports to the Vice President and works closely with the Assistant Director.
- Provide research assistance to the Vice President and ASPI, including: project-related information, research, and analysis; monitoring and summarizing relevant media, governmental or academic reports as appropriate; and reporting on relevant hearings, speeches, books, and conferences;
- Assist the Vice President in drafting reports, talking points, speeches and remarks, op-eds or articles, media Q&As, blog posts, and other content;
- Prepare materials for use in meetings, including but not limited to event announcements, handouts, background material and talking points, PowerPoint presentations, correspondence with participants, and social media or other promotion for the event;
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for International Security and Diplomacy including managing invitations, scheduling, press requests and tracking media appearances, contacts, correspondence, meeting preparations, travel arrangements, processing and tracking expenses, and forward planning;
- Maintain and improve office systems and procedures to ensure timely and efficient administrative workflow;
- Assist in maintaining the Institutes database of contacts and mailing lists;
- Coordinate arrangements for private and public events and meetings, including developing guest lists, drafting and distributing invitations, arranging meeting room and refreshments as needed, collecting/tracking RSVPs, staffing events, and handling necessary follow-up;
- Liaise regularly with ASPIs DC office, Managing Director, and other senior staff on plans, programs, activities, and events;
- Collaborate on the development of new ASPI policy initiatives as well as providing logistical and coordination support as required for ongoing ones;
- Other duties as assigned.