Job Title: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Unique opportunity to take Utah Olympic Park Food and Beverage Services to a new level utilizing your knowledge and experience to create and implement quality guest experiences and offerings. Work in a state of the art world class facility where you can contribute with new ideas to the exciting growth that is happening. Bring your expertise, creativity and visions to cultivate a foodservice environment that fits within our venue for sport and recreation.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Coordinate the development and execution of menu items for various areas within the venue.
- Create and maintain inviting food and beverage environments.
- Responsible for all food and beverage operation: the Silver Bean Café, General Store, mobile concessions and other locations.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships, ordering and receiving orders with approval from Public Programs Sr Manager.
- Create menus, direct food preparation and facilitate catering for our growing group event needs.
- Conduct monthly inventory and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Restock food and beverage at each point of sale.
- Direct food preparation and quick delivery to each customer.
- Train frontline staff in customer service, barista, food and beverage preparation and sales operations.
- Must be able to accept ownership in operation of food and beverage service and lead a diverse work force.
- Oversee all cash transactions, opening and closing procedures and financial management.
- Maintain and exceed sanitary standards in all areas.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Minimum two years experience in food and beverage management, 5 years experience preferred in areas of operating food and beverage service and/or catering experience.
- Experience implementing company policies and procedures.
- Must possess a food handlers permit, Serve Safe preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing manner with the public.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Flexibility in work assignments and shifts.
- Initiative and organizational skills.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Flexible work schedule must be available to work days, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit and stand on feet for extended time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Host desk training
- Ticket sales training (computer system)
- Customer service (at least once each season)
- Radio protocol (emergency procedures)
- Company Cell Phone Policy
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.