Park Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To assist the credit union in the achievement of its goal to always make a positive difference in each member's financial life. this is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to internal/external members and by maintaining the Credit Union's accounting records and reports, ensuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices and credit union accounting practices.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- While meeting the service standards of the credit union, reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications related to grant accounting records as assigned by Accounting Manager.
- Assists the Finance team with quarterly grant and loan reporting, including CDFI reporting. Keeps manager informed of issues that may arise or may need higher level review.
- Coordinates grant accounting matters with other departments/locations. Serves as accounting resource on projects requiring grant accounting expertise and other special projects as assigned. Ensures completion of tasks; reports work status and/or issues of concern to manager, as applicable.
- Reconciles bank statements as well as other general ledger accounts. Reviews work of other accounting staff including GL reconciliations. Prepares department, management and board reports as required monthly, quarterly, annually or as assigned.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures. Brings any items needing further evaluation or analysis to manager immediately.
- Assists in budget process, department and credit union audits, and other departmental activities or assignments as directed.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends grant accounting methods and procedures to improve credit union processes, productivity and/or costs.