The Events Coordinator assists in planning and production of membership events for Amnesty International USA, including the Annual General Meeting, and other events that elevate the organization’s movement building efforts and advance key organization’s priorities. The Events Coordinator provides overall project management support to ensure that events are well planned and well executed.
This position works closely with the Events Manager and supports the implementation of the national event strategy.
- Centers Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility during all planning and production aspects of events.
- Staffs events on site - includes problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with venue staff, and organizing vendors.
- Supports planning and production of events by establishing and maintaining overall logistics for events, such as hotel block management, day flow management, and other planning items as needed.
- Supports session organizers, speakers (and session producers if/when events are virtual), in the planning and production of their event sessions
- Oversees registration process. Inclusive of managing registration reports and analysis, onsite management, volunteer & staff training.
- Maintains Events inventory for all branding, registration, and operational event needs.
- Processes invoices and track expenses and deposits related to events, Tracks event expenses & invoices.
- Conducts research on the procurement of local and national vendors.
- Assists in tracking timelines and ensuring that all event projects are moving forward.
- Collaborates with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning staff, in order to manage event evaluation process inclusive of data analysis.
- Supports all aspects of event marketing plan, including but not limited to email engagement, website, social media, and branding strategies for the AGM and other events as needed.
- Works with relevant staff and volunteer leaders to help ensure that the events continue to reflect AIUSA’s brand, policies, and priorities by streamlining communication through logistical and administrative support.
- Provides administrative supports to the AGM program committee (coordinates calendar invites, manages files and meeting minutes, other tasks as needed)
- Manages day-to-day member communications by monitoring the Event Support email account
- Supports staff and members with onboarding of virtual event tools