Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Sanitation Lead. The Sanitation Lead is responsible for day-to-day sanitation tasks directed by their immediate supervisor. This hands-on role requires an individual is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and isn't afraid to get dirty.
Prior experience cleaning in the natural and organic food industry for 1 to 3 years. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and work areas (including bathrooms, break rooms, hallways, stairwells, packhouse, nursery, and under growing lines) in the entire greenhouse on second shift. 11am - 9pm. Subject to change as needed.
- Clean quickly and effectively as directed using materials and tools provided by Gotham Greens.
- Must be able to work in tight quarters and hard-to-reach areas, such as under growing lines, etc.
- Must learn and follow procedures in the proper way to clean & sanitize.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, and following safe work practices at all times.
- Must wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times.
- Provide ideas to improve efficiencies and cleanliness.
WHO YOU ARE
- Leads by example with a can-do attitude
- Laser-focused attention to detail
- Great multitasking abilities
- Desire to grow and learn food safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full 8-hour shift.
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the greenhouse and packhouse.
- Must be a problem solver and be capable of identifying areas of efficiencies.
- 1-3 years of sanitation/cleaning experience preferred
- Experience leading a small team strongly preferred
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and food service customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.