Job Title: Director, Corporate Relations
Reports to: Director, Institutional Giving & Stewardship
Supervises: Development Associate, Institutional Giving
Liaises with: Board members and other development Volunteers, Development Solicitation Teams
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Director, Corporate Relations is responsible for maximizing unrestricted, temporarily restricted and permanently restricted revenue from corporate donors for the Houston Symphony in order to realize the mission and objectives of the Symphony. With the Director, Institutional Giving & Stewardship, the Director will create the strategy for corporate development and is responsible for the execution of the overall plan. Included in this strategy is a plan/program for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for every potential source of contributed revenue from corporations. The Director is also responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate and select individual contributors and managing a group of volunteer partners to assist in prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the achievement of approved revenue goals for corporate giving and management and control of related expenses.
- Manage Houston Symphony’s corporate development programs.
- With Director, Institutional Giving & Stewardship, develop campaign analysis and income worksheets, generate reports and forecasts, and implement new strategies, including annual Business Plan.
- Create and manage a Prospect Plan for creating new corporate partnerships including general operating, project, in-kind, and capital support.
- Create, write, and manage correspondence including proposals, reports and campaign materials.
- Identify, track, and leverage Board linkages to corporate prospects and donors.
- Coordinate with Special Events regarding corporate fundraising and involvement of corporate event donors.
- Initiate and arrange an established goal of face-to-face contacts and solicitations.
- Ensure that all corporate donor stewardship programs are properly coordinated, including pre-concert receptions, and recognition efforts, including print, digital and social.
- Secure Patron and Board representatives from contributing companies and assist in the identification and recruitment of corporate representatives to the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of any assigned support staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.