We are seeking an exceptional senior-level geotechnical engineer to help grow our geotechnical engineering practice in the Los Angeles/Santa Clarita area. You will contribute to innovative and challenging projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages. In general, projects involve ground improvement techniques, geo-environmental issues, geotechnical investigations and foundation design. The successful candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects concurrently to support and promote a diverse private and public sector client base.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals and some of the task-level or project management responsibilities you will be asked to do include:
- Performing and managing geotechnical, geo-environmental, and/or geological engineering field investigations and numerical analyses including drilling, instrumentation, and construction quality assurance
- Preparing and coordinating the integration of design calculations, drawings, technical specifications, construction cost estimates, reports, and permit applications
- Managing projects successfully to achieve goals for technical excellence, budget control, schedule compliance, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability
- Reviewing and managing written document production
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan
- Staff management and mentoring