As the Help Desk Technical Support Specialist, you will be the first point-of-contact in assisting the JU community with their technology; however, technology will only be a part of your job. Providing empathy and solutions to get JU's staff, faculty, and students back up and running in a timely manner through excellent customer service is central to our core values. Resolving issues while building relationships is something that you enjoy.
The Help Desk Technical Support Specialist is responsible for handling and delegating the issues that come through our ITSM tool, FreshService. Whether you handle the issue yourself or find the right IT person for the job, being their advocate throughout is the goal. You are a person that the JU community will come to know and love.
A passion for learning and an entrepreneurial spirit is a must. You will thrive in this environment if you are self-starter, but also aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions. The ability to listen, learn, and adapt to feedback quickly is paramount to the success of this role. Humility is key.
- Solving faculty and staff technical issues with Windows/Apple desktop and notebooks.
- Imaging and deploying Windows/Apple desktops and notebooks.
- Answering phones/emails and documenting all reported issues through FreshService.
- Responding to, assigning, categorizing, and resolving incidents/service requests through FreshService that include but are not limited to:
- Closing Help Desk Tickets, reaching out to customers, follow up correspondence where applicable.
- Passwords resets
- Wi-Fi access
- Network storage access and sharing
- Email and Office 365
- Printing and scanning
- VIP and voicemail
- Classroom technologies
- Documenting emerging and known issues.
- Creating solutions articles after known issues are resolved.
- Maintaining AV infrastructure.
- Provide Weekly Status Reports and updates on progress, challenges or any known issues.
This position could grow into supervising a small contingency of IT Student Staff.
- Become familiar with Judson culture.
- Support the mission and goals of the University.
- Promote a positive, Christ-centered work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits for full time employees include a tuition waiver program for employee and dependent (pro-rated by year until employed for four years), medical and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and two personal days per year, access to Fitness Center, and on-site cafeteria.