We believe in transforming relationships. We have a team that is participating in life transformation in some of the most desperate and forgotten corners of our city. God is doing something significant, right now at the Mission. Do you want to be a part of it?
For 88 years, Seattle's Union Gospel Mission take our calling to love our homeless neighbors very seriously. Our efforts help move people to healthy, thriving lives. We start by learning their names, their stories, and providing first for urgent physical needs, building relationships, and then offering long-term recovery programs. Currently, we have 11,199 homeless neighbors living in the greater Seattle vicinity. More than 1/3 of those who are homeless are struggling with mental illness. 32% of King County's homeless wrestle with addiction. You can be a part of the solution and join the team.
The Vice President of Program Ministries is a critical member of the Executive Team. This individual is responsible for casting vision, crafting strategy, and multiplying impact through the oversight of several key Program Ministries (PM) departments: our Men’s Emergency Shelter, Men’s Recovery Program, Open Door Legal Clinic, and Dental Clinic. This position will also help develop the Mission regionalization plan and will support the Development Team in their efforts to connect key donors with our ongoing ministries.
Essential Job Duties
- Collaborates with the Executive Team in creating the overall strategy and mission for the organization.
- Responsible for overall direction, development and vision of assigned PM departments.
- Supervise and coach the PM department directors; help the PM staff teams to be well-trained, supported, and unified.
- Ensure that all division programs and activities operate consistently with the Mission’s mission statement, enterprise goals, and core values.
- Create annual PM division goals in alignment with annual Mission goals and direction.
- Be accountable for PM division budget expenditures, making sure to keep PM departments within yearly budgets.
- Establishes measurable goals, objectives, and metrics for driving continuous improvement and ongoing assessment of programmatic effectiveness.
- Oversee and provide input to the PM’s staff management, including activities related to recruitment and retention, performance management, and employee relations.
- Oversee the safety and cleanliness of the PM facilities. Encourage a positive, pleasant and safe Christian environment at all PM facilities and programs.
- Consistently apply all Mission policies and procedures.
- Represent the Mission to the community, being available for speaking on behalf of the Mission.
- Provide direction in creating and implementing meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers may serve within all PM departments.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.