Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- One year + experience with animal husbandry required.
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent preferred.
- First Aid, Emergency O2, and AED certification preferred.
- Degree in wildlife/marine biology or relevant work experience required.
- Background in fresh and saltwater aquariums, reptiles, amphibians, birds or small mammals required.
- Experience in the care of flora and fauna in a public aquarium setting preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills.
The individual must possess the following abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some or a combination of the abilities.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Requires the ability to perform the physical, visual and hearing requirements in the working conditions below.