Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Support Services Supervisor to join the Women and Children’s Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Support Services Supervisor works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program. Oversees the Support Services functions of Hope Place, including customer service, housekeeping and maintenance functions. Fosters a culture of service and teamwork and to develop future leaders.
Our Women and Children’s Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5:00pm with occasional weekends, holidays, and evenings when needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Supervise 2 Support Services Coordinators, 2 overnight Support Services Coordinators and occasional On-Call staff who work with Support Services.
- Oversee the housekeeping, maintenance and facility safety functions at Hope Place and other WCM transitional sites (ReNOVO).
- Work closely with the Mission’s Facilities Department to ensure work orders are opened and completed appropriately.
- Oversee and maintain emergency and safety and emergency plans at Hope Place and other WCM transitional sites.
- Oversee inventory and ordering of all necessary supplies at Hope Place and offsite WCM properties.
- Oversee the updating and organizing of room information, including Guest move in – move out inventories for Hope Place and transitional sites – including the implementation and oversight of damage deposits.
- Participate as a member of the Mission’s Safety Committee.
- Oversee setup and teardown of Hope Place graduation and other special events including audio and video setup.
- Oversee all donations given to Hope Place.
- Oversee the Boutique and volunteers who help organize and run it.
- Gather information and complete monthly reports as assigned.
- Work proactively with WCM leadership team, Mission staff and ministry partners to continually develop and improve quality services provided to homeless individuals and families, staying on top of any potential problematic operational issues.
- Oversee the maintenance of professional and confidential client files related to case management and other services provided at various Mission sites.
- Drive between various ministry locations as needed.
- Promote spiritual health at HP by presenting a godly demeanor in interactions with residents, callers, visitors, and donors.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.