Education and Training:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED and forty-eight (48) months of work related experience.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribes’ vehicle insurance and maintain throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of CCT history, culture, legends and traditions of the 12 constituent tribes.
- Requires knowledge of local area attractions.
- Requires knowledge of equipment such as: fax, copier, scanner, digital video-recorder, etc.
- Requires knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Access, Excel and a working knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment, including filing systems, receptionist and telephone techniques, and letter and report writing.
- Requires sufficient data entry skills. Requires sufficient arithmetic skills to compute sums and statistics.
- Requires sufficient skill using the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading/editing, to prepare standardized correspondence.
- Requires sufficient human relations skills to present a positive image of Tribe, convey technical information to others, and use patience in dealing with a diverse population.
- Must be willing to do basic housekeeping and bathroom duties (cleaning, dusting, sweeping, and mopping), general yard work, outside work, moving gravel, mowing and keeping driveways clean.
- Requires the ability to perform all the duties of the position in a high volume environment that may be dominated by distractions.
- Must be able to perform clerical and secretarial work with speed and accuracy.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply Tribal and agency rules, regulations and policies.
- Requires the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in order to meet schedules and timelines.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer to produce correspondence, informational materials, and conduct basic research.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
- Requires the ability to maintain productive and cooperative relationships with parents, staff, students, external organizations, and the public using patience and courtesy.
- Requires a dependable and punctual work history.
- Requires the ability to work independently after initial training development.
- Requires the ability to multi-task while working under and meeting deadlines.
- Requires the ability to maintain good judgement and common sense.
- Requires the ability to use of Point of Sales (POS) cash register, credit card machine, computers, ten-key, fax machines and telephone.
- Requires the ability to open and close the museum accordance with detailed procedures.
- Requires the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to handle money responsibly.
- Requires and out-going friendly personality and be ability to promote the sale of merchandise
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribes’ Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Roweena Antone, Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 150, Nespelem, WA 99155, 509-634-2296, firstname.lastname@example.org