LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a ministry of The United Methodist Church and plays a vital role by providing a location for training and renewal. Each year Lake Junaluska will host over 200,000 guests who are engaged in spiritual training, recreation or renewal events and activities. Our guests include religious, non-profit and secular groups. We are also a residential and vacation community.
The Kitchen Steward is a working position and servers as a lead dishwasher.
The Kitchen Steward is responsible for the overall dish washing staff which entails, clear communication of the essential job functions and expectations, while holding staff accountability to those expectations on a daily basis. The Kitchen Steward is also responsible for training all dish washing staff at each dining location.
The Kitchen Steward requires strong leadership skills and organization skills. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Ensure each dish machine is in proper working order at all times.
- Serve as the liaison with other kitchen staff for special event dish needs for plated and/or buffet meals, ensuring dishes are counted and clean.
- Assist with buffet set-up for special events.
- Participate, and supervise the shelving of all stock as delivery trucks arrive. To include, coolers, freezers, and dry storage areas.
The Kitchen Steward will work closely with staff to ensure each kitchen is closed properly based on sanitation guidelines, and established closing procedures on a daily operation basis.
- Serve as a lead dishwasher
- Provides positive guidance and training for all dish washing staff.
- Ensures dishwashers at each dining location are clean and in good proper working order. Promptly reports equipment breakdowns to the Food Service Operations Manager.
- Serves as the liaison with other kitchen staff for special event dish needs for plated and/or buffet meals. And, is responsible for the dish counts and cleanliness.
- Assists with special event buffet set-ups.
- Responsible for ensuring dish washing staff properly clean and store dishes in the proper places.
- Ensure all staff properly clean and sanitize all cooking utensils.
- Participate and supervisor shelving of all stock as delivery trucks arrive. To include, coolers, freezers, and dry storage areas.
- Supervisor the cleaning of all floors in the kitchen.
- Work closely with staff to ensure each kitchen is closed properly based on sanitation guidelines, and established closing procedures on a daily operation basis. If procedures and tasks are not properly completed, work with staff to repeat the tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating, when necessary, the written closing procedures.
- Comply will all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Perform all duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.