Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for an Intake Support Associate to join the KentHOPE team in Kent, WA. Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Intake Support Associate supports the assessment and intake processes for ministries of Bridge, Bridge Plus, LINK, the Extended Care Program and Outreach in Emergency Shelters by providing high quality intake coordination, spiritual leadership and management for individuals seeking a recovery program or a pathway out of homelessness. Work with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for faith based emergency programs that assists women and children on their journey to healthy relationships and independent living.
Our KentHOPE team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Saturday - Wednesday from 9:00am - 6:30pm
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate all aspects of the intake process including inquiry calls, phone screens, COVID testing and quarantine scheduling and coordination and intake to appropriate program.
- Assess applicant ability to live independently and evaluate special needs in areas such as health care, mental health, and addiction.
- Responsible for admission decisions in coordination with management.
- Identify inefficient/ineffective processes and implement improvements.
- Meet weekly with supervisor to discuss status of women and children in intake process and any pertinent program information.
- Record, report, and maintain required pre-intake screening tools and statistical information into Clarity.
- Maintain an atmosphere in all intake spaces including quarantine that will be most conducive to safety, dignity, and cleanliness.
- Directly coordinate with mission programs including outreach, S & R, WCM, and outside agencies who serve homeless women and children seeking shelter and programs.
- Responsible for maintaining 80% bed capacity at KentHOPE Emergency Shelter.
- Will develop and maintain relationships with providers to offer needed services to guests.
- Use independent judgment regarding program resident discipline, including barring and exiting based on Bridge, Bridge Plus, ECP, and LINK Program guidelines and Mission policies.
- Perform drug screening for women when appropriate for program upon intake.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships, which will serve as a leadership example for program men.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Uses independent judgment to enter/exit program participants.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to become a mission approved driver and drive potential intakes to COVID testing, as well as drive program guests to appointments and other tasks as assigned.