Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Support Services Coordinator, TEMPORARY. to join the KentHOPE team in Kent, WA. Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Support Services Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the cleaning of the Women's Emergency Ministries facilities, to include the oversight of laundry facilities, trash, clothing room, pest control and ordering of supplies.
Our KentHOPE team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm. Some evenings and weekends may be assigned on occasion. This position is expected to end on or before May 31st, 2021.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for organization and maintaining inventory of cleaning/maintenance supplies, office supplies, clothing and hygiene needs, overnight shelter supplies and furnishings.
- General cleaning duties, which includes cleaning and stocking common areas, bathrooms, staff work spaces and resident living areas.
- Manage chore requirements as staff, volunteers and guests perform chores, including incentive closet.
- Contribute to the overall safety and maintenance of the buildings by filling out necessary maintenance request forms and reports and coordinating with mission Facility’s department.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Receive, organize, inventory and oversee the distribution of all gift-in-kind donations received.
- Collaborate with Food Services staff and volunteer systems to ensure all meals are provided.
- Hold guests accountable to program and individual goals and guidelines.
- Attend community meetings and staffing meetings as required.
- Provide set up and support for special events
- Collaborate with staff regarding guests’ program and how to best support them
- Contribute to the overall safety and maintenance of the buildings by maintaining cleanliness and safety standards.
- Record events on shift in the Facility Log.
- Communicate daily with staff via email.
- Be available to cover evening shifts and/or Sunday rotation shifts when needed
- Complete data entry, documents in Clarity.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.