LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Must know and practice proper food handling methods.
- Prepares meals, utilizing standard approved menus and receipts.
- Prepares meals meeting quantity needs while maintaining excellent food and presentation quality.
- Meets specific needs of calendar and scheduled events (regular and special).
- Safely operates all equipment necessary for food preparation including convection ovens, stoves, meat slicers, chopper, knives, steamers, steam kettles and skillets.
- Maintain product inventory efficiently to reduce product loss due to waste.
- Discuss supply needs to immediate supervisor or Director of Food Service.
- Keep all equipment, storage areas, and work areas clean and maintained to the standards set by the North Carolina Department of Health.
- Wear and maintain clean Lake Junaluska staff uniform.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.