LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Maintain an accurate knowledge of the weekly set-up needs and plan accordingly.
- Responsible for the event configuration setup as detailed on the Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), to include;
- Notepads, pens
- Audio/video equipment [as requested by Media Manager]
- Other equipment as requested
- Must possess an acute attention to detail and be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Responsible for meeting last minute service/equipment requests while maintaining a positive attitude to assure the best possible guest experience/Christian Hospitality.
- Maintain an accurate up to date working building inventory list of equipment and report missing or out of service equipment to the supervisor.
- At time, will be responsible for providing guests with off grounds transportation.
- Responsible for moving Services tables, chairs and other equipment from building to building.