KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be an exceptional communicator—with written, electronic and oral media—with a flair for storytelling. Able to simplify messaging and influence teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaborative – works with others to drive results and make change happen
- Entrepreneurial, with a bias to action – someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished
- Organized - Able to self-manage time and projects, prioritizing and balancing across multiple competing demands
- Adaptable- A copywriting chameleon; Can jump from project to project quickly, varying communications styles for purpose and target audience
- Bright – insightful, creative, with strong problem-solving skills, and pragmatic, practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually doable
- Articulate -Compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development
- Positive - passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom RailPros team members go out of their way to work
Planning and Problem Solving
- Applying logical thought processes and organizing resources in order to solve issues and meet commitments
- Partnering effectively with others in order to achieve results
Get it Done
- Getting things done and making change happen
- Satisfying internal and external customer expectations and developing customer partnerships
Developing Self and Others
- Helping self and others be their best
- No direct supervisory responsibilities, coaches, mentors and occasionally directs group activities for communications projects.
- Interacts daily with all level of personnel to develop communications content
- Interacts daily with external vendors, and occasionally media and trade publication vendors
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Communications or equivalent.