Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Search and Rescue Specialist to join the Outreach team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Search and Rescue Specialist supports the Outreach Ministries and efforts to end homelessness by providing street outreach efforts that addresses poverty, addiction, employment, housing, mental health and spirituality.
Our Outreach team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Training period will be Monday-Friday from 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM and then eventually transition to Tuesday-Saturday, including occasional days, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Administer all Search and Rescue services to those we serve in King County, leading them to life transformation in Christ.
- Provide outreach services to ensure the highest-quality services providing tools and support for a safer and honoring environment to include: Overnight shelter, clothing distribution, showers, mail and other outreach services as prescribed.
- Work closely with the Outreach Administrator to establish and implement goals for Search and rescue.
- Build relationships and partnerships with local churches, schools, businesses and communities inviting them to enter into the fight to end homelessness, specifically through Search and Rescue.
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of resources directly related to housing and employment in King County.
- Inform those we serve of the services available to help them in their present situation. Ensure they have access to information on housing and other options to include MM Recovery Program information.
- Work with the Outreach team to develop plans to fix any operational issues that are encountered on Search and Rescue. Initiate communication with the Outreach Administrator on any operational or personnel issues that may negatively impact operations.
- Serve as an active training resource for volunteers participating in Search and Rescue ministries to ensure the highest quality experience for all involved.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ensure all staff, volunteers and interns are interacting with those we serve in a grace-based and relationally driven manner.
- Maintain accurate and timely records, and ensure the physical security and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Provide regular input and recommendations to management.
- Prepare monthly statistical and narrative reports, as required.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Work effectively with colleagues throughout the Mission's organization to achieve ministry objectives, maintaining good communication and working relationships
- Maintain accurate and timely records of guest interviews and interventions using the professional case note standards of Men’s Ministries Recovery Program Case Managers.
- Drive between various ministry locations as needed.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.