- Experience on the private side preferred
- Familiarity with and understanding of the insurance policy
- Knowledgeable about subrogation and liability issues
- Excellent communication skills and practices, both verbal and written
- Strong understanding of NFPA 1033 and 921, and how they relate to our industry
- Testimony experience preferred
- Must not have been disqualified as an expert witness
- No disciplinary actions or revocation of professional licenses
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent, required. College degree, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient PC applications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Nationally recognized origin and cause certification (such as through IAAI or NAFI)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing and able to clear fire/explosion debris, reconstruct the scene, and examine building systems at heights or in confined spaces, dark enclosed areas, excessive heat, and soot-filled environment
- Must be capable of digging, bending, and lifting, as well as moving and loading heavy or bulky objects
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must be willing to work additional hours as needed during peak times
Established in 1924, Haag is employee-owned and offers competitive benefits, which include a 401(k) plan with employer matching component; major medical, dental, and vision health coverage; company-provided life insurance with AD&D coverage; health savings account with employer contribution component; voluntary disability coverages; and generous paid time off. Our collaborative environment supports career advancement through professional training and development.
Haag is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law