Family Health/La Clinica, a federally qualified health center and is looking for a Dental Assistant at our Mauston, WI location. Family Health/La Clinica was started in the 1960s to provide free health services to migrant farmworkers. This ultimately resulted in Family Health/La Clinica being formally organized in 1972 as a non-profit Wisconsin corporation.
Responsibilities of the Dental Assistant Position include:
- Prepares patients for dental care services, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Assists in recording medical & dental histories.
- Exposes and develop diagnostic dental x-rays.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and dental operatory cleaning and preparation. Assures adequate inventory of necessary supplies and instruments are in their proper places in the operatories and other areas of the clinic to support that day's work.
- Pours, trims, and polishes stone models.
- Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs and provides postoperative instructions to patient as prescribed by Dentist.
- Records treatment information in patient records
- Maintain aseptic techniques.
- Assist with regular maintenance of dental equipment.
- Polishes teeth and applies topical fluoride to child's teeth as prescribed by the dentist, including plaque control techniques.
- Assist in communicating necessary treatment and fees and in arranging financial agreements with patients.
- Attends internal/external meetings as deemed appropriate by department supervisor and within budget constraints.
- Attends OSHA training sessions annually and observes policy and procedures as they pertain to OSHA standards and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous dental experience is not necessary, although completion of a dental assisting program or six months experience is desirable. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPR certificate required. On the job training is provided. Competitive pay and benefits. Bi-lingual candidates (Spanish) are encouraged to apply.
Today Family Health/La Clinica still supports the migrant population of the state of Wisconsin, along with a diverse population of patients in a medical, behavioral health and dental capacity. The clinic has also grown to four separate locations, Beaver Dam, Wautoma, and Mauston, WI and a mobile unit, in an 10 county service area.
Through our clinic, you are able to touch the lives of patients who may not be able to access care without us. Family Health/La Clinica is looking for devoted and compassionate staff that want to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.