SUMMARY: The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant and banquet events. This position will collaborate efforts along with the Director of F&B/Culinary and will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements creative, innovative, and high-quality menus; reviews and changes menu as needed.
- Oversees all food preparation, production, and presentation; ensures that recipes are followed, and preparation and presentation are adhered to consistently.
- Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity.
- Standardizes production recipes to ensure consistent quality of accepted samples; plans production schedules and supervises production line.
- Manages maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all patrons.
- Resolves all patron complaints related to food.
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure kitchen remains current.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of wines offered in restaurant and wine/food parings.
- Represents restaurant at outside functions as needed.
- Ensures all kitchen and food operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Requisitions and/or purchases all food products; completes food production records and costs menus on a regular basis.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops kitchen staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Responsible in upholding supervisory responsibilities within the kitchen department in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable.
- Support safe work habits and contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- Follow directions, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, contributes to a positive and rewarding team environment and refrains from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.