WNPA is a nonprofit education partner of the National Park Service. WNPA supports parks across the West, developing products, services, and programs that enhance the visitor experience, understanding, and appreciation of national parks. Learn more at www.wnpa.org.
The digital marketing specialist works with Sr. Marketing Manager to create strategies, plans and implementation of eCommerce, membership, content marketing, emarketing, social media, digital advertising and other campaigns and projects. The management of digital media will also be used for internal communications and to further our educational mission and promote and market Western National Parks Association (WNPA), its more than 70 National Park Service partner parks, and its products, services, and programs.
This role is responsible for completing the following tasks and any related tasks as assigned:
- Managing social media accounts including writing posts, researching imagery, and managing account information.
- Managing emarketing strategy and implementation for eblasts for eCommerce and company messaging including strategy, writing, layout, image research, A/B testing, list management, and promotions calendar.
- Planning and management of digital advertising.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports usage and trends for digital platforms including social media, eblasts, website, and SEO.
- Researches, evaluates, and implements new digital media and products.
- Takes photographs and edits images for various applications.
- Maintains WNPA’s intranet
- Makes website changes and additions using WordPress including adding new pages, updating events calendar, creating campaign landing pages, and interfacing with outside vendors
- Remains current regarding technical opportunities and recommends initiatives and vendors to optimize digital solutions.
- Writes, edits, and produces audio and video collateral, including promotional videos and commercials, training videos, documentaries, and other digital materials as required.
- Works collaboratively with outside vendors and freelancers including writers, photographers, illustrators, designers, editors, website and app developers, coders, and other vendors to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
This role must possess advanced to expert knowledge of, skill in, and/or ability in the following:
- Excellent writing skills with a strong capacity for both creative and professional writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent visual communication skills, with the ability to present/convey information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Must consistently and diplomatically communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including other teams across WNPA and the National Park Service staff at the park and regional level.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Creative, with problem-solving ideas and high energy.
- Ability to work in groups and independently while overseeing multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite products preferred.
- Expert level skills in Google Analytics, UTM tracking codes, Google Search Console, Mailchimp, Facebook Ads, and SEO.
- Proficiency with Apple computers in an OSX environment.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools used for social media, SEO, and eCommerce.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and report data for trend analysis and action recommendations.
- Understanding of website promotions and communications.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining positive professional relationships.
- Knowledge of project development, management, and oversight standards.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products ie.: Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be comfortable with learning and using new hardware and software programs as introduced into the work environment.
This role must be able to meet the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with customers, volunteers, supervisors/managers, directors, and coworkers.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type, and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, calculators, multi-line touch-tone phones, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dollies, and other office equipment as needed.
Occasional travel may be required to work at local, off-site events.