High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous experience in a restaurant preferred but not required. Must have ability to understand and apply written and verbal instruction.
The purpose of this position is to support the bartenders so they can interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the restaurant. Bar Backs are responsible for maintaining positive guest interactions while assisting the bartender. The Bar Back will help keep the bar clean, organized and stocked at all times. Bar Backs are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Bar Backs are expected to have some basic bar knowledge.
Must be able to work in all areas of the restaurant and occasionally operate commercial dishwashing equipment. Position requires standing, bending, lifting, kneeling, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 15 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally. May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles. May work near toxic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Prepares the bar for guest service, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Stocking bar with ice, beer, wine and liquor.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor. Filling in for absent staff as needed. Assisting with special events as needed. Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently. Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort. Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- License/Qualifications: Varies by location