In collaboration and alignment with the Arts Pastor, Campus Pastor and Core Arts & Worship team, the Worship Pastor will plan and execute weekend worship services at the Willow Creek Huntley campus. He/she will lead a volunteer team in the execution of each service, helping the Arts Pastor manage the process to move ideas into excellent service elements and oversee each weekend experience. The Worship Pastor will lead our congregation in powerfully engaging, highly experiential worship services that direct people into life-changing encounters with God.
The Worship Pastor will need to be comfortable working in collaboration with our Willow Creek Core team, counterparts at every Willow Creek campus, building teams of volunteers, and working in deadline intensive situations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead and execute excellent worship services through leading and managing volunteers to execute each weekend service. Act as the primary worship leader at our Huntley campus, and provide pastoral moments to our congregation.
- Partner with the Arts Pastor, Campus Pastor, Production Manager and Core Arts & Worship Team to execute the vision and strategy for Willow Creek Community Church.
- Actively recruit, train, shepherd, encourage, and disciple volunteers for bands, vocalists, technology, and other weekend roles .
- Oversee the music direction process surrounding the weekend service, including chart writing, scheduling, etc.
- Work on campus wide initiatives as they arise.
Success is defined as...
Providing a dynamic worship environment that glorifies God and engages people while helping the whole South Barrington team build a fantastic, Christ-centered culture that feels like a family.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong worship leader and vocalist skills
- Ability to build effective teams
- Volunteer recruiting and engagement
- Strong in leadership and collaboration
- Learning Agility
- Collaborative Mindset
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience leading worship
- Experience leading volunteers
- Biblical training a plus