- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), professional demeanor, good problem-solving skills, organized and detail oriented.
- Proven experience working with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- This fast-paced position requires a high level of independence, attention to detail and flexibility.
- Proven analytical and process improvement skills, including problem solving and quantitative reasoning, etc.
- Team building and employee engagement skills; ability to lead, mentor, serve as a role model and convey a strong presence and professional image.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Information Technology, or related field; one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience. American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) certification, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) strongly preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish) language desirable. Ability to read & interpret documents, reports & correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or individuals.