Engagement Department, Full Time, Exempt
A movement of ordinary people experiencing and sharing the extraordinary love of Jesus.
This role exists to unify and align communications to clear hurdles and multiply ministry across departments and all venues that represent Bent Tree. They envision how messaging affects all channels focusing time and energy on value driven and team building projects over tasks. The continually steer the conversation emphasis and communication activity around the why and less about the what. They deliver high quality and effective communications tools for the right channels and for the right audience both internal and external. They skillfully take complex concepts to simplified messaging to increase our levels of engagement and transformational relationships. The Engagement Director is fully engaged in life at Bent Tree and able to connect with a diverse group of people and various points of their spiritual journey.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies including digital strategies
- Strong understanding of communication channels including web, social media, print, media, public relations, copy writing, graphic design, video and displays
- Expert in Social Media engagement
- Skilled writer and storyteller
- In-depth knowledge of content creation best practices and web marketing related technologies, and ability to translate needs into online content with strong calls to action
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to accurately and timely assess complex situations and make confident decisions while managing expectations
- Coachable and teachable with the ability to receive critical feedback and adjust accordingly
- Meets and manages timelines and ensures the department delivers projects on-time with a strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure or last-minute messages
- Strategic thinker
- Relationally driven
- Create, drive, and execute annual communication/engagement strategy to include digital strategies, major projects, and assessment of time, resources, and quality of the Engagement Team across Bent Tree and individual ministries.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor and Worship & Arts Pastor to deliver comprehensive messaging that includes all communications channels.
- Ensure Bent Tree brand standards are maintained throughout church-wide initiatives, policies, events, and deliverables.
- Create content that is shareable externally to reach the unchurched.
- Develop, forecast, and manage the Engagement Team budget
- Lead, recruit, equip, oversee, and Engagement Team, contractors, and servants.
- Transform current culture of communications to a 24/7 reach of engagement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting 5-10 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.