Communications Department, Full Time, Exempt
A movement of ordinary people experiencing and sharing the extraordinary love of Jesus.
The Communications Director is responsible for the creation and execution of the Bent Tree Communication Strategy to include internal and external channels. They skillfully take complex concepts to simplified content that create points of engagement with users that lead to relationships and transformations. The Communications Director is fully engaged in life at Bent Tree and able to create content that relates personally, spiritually, and culturally with a diverse group of people at all levels.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies including digital strategies
- Strong understanding of communication channels including web, social media, print, media, public relations, copy writing, graphic design, video and displays
- Expert in Social Media engagement
- Strong command of writing and editing practices, and a familiarity with MLA writing guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of content creation best practices and web marketing related technologies, and ability to translate needs into online content with strong calls to action
- Competency with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML 5, and CSS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to accurately and timely assess complex situations and make confident decisions while managing expectations
- Coachable and teachable with the ability to receive critical feedback and adjust accordingly
- Meets and manages timelines and ensures the department delivers projects on-time with a strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure or last-minute messages
- Create, drive, and execute annual communication strategy to include engagement and digital strategies, major projects, and assessment of time, resources, and quality of the Communications Team across Bent Tree and individual ministries.
- Create simplified and consistent messaging that clearly communicates the Bent Tree vision big picture to ministry specific perspective through relatable and topical content.
- Ensure Bent Tree brand standards are maintained throughout church-wide initiatives, policies, events, and deliverables.
- Create content that is shareable externally to reach the unchurched.
- Lead, clarify, and summarize communication needs and strategies and identify systems and resources to accomplish the ministry initiatives most effectively.
- Develop, forecast, and manage the Communications Department budget
- Lead, recruit, equip, oversee, and Communications staff, contractors, and servants.
- Responsible for establishing and fostering positive working relationships with ministries through ensuring excellence in Communication Team’s deliverables, timelines, and overall exemplary customer service.
- Collaborate with leaders and ministries to communicate the vision and mission through promotions, programs, and events to gain momentum and alignment around core messaging.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting 5-10 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.