The Community Engagement Manager is a full-time exempt position responsible for ensuring the delivery of a high-quality volunteer experience for Service Community Teams. The manager will serve as the primary point of contact for lead Service Community Team roles through physical and virtual communications. The Community Engagement Manager works collaboratively with other members of the staff team toward achieving the council’s strategic vision, short- and long-term plans, and project work.
• Identify gaps in volunteer teams and develop a comprehensive plan to ensure the continuity of the Girl Scout experience through recruiting, training, developing, and supervising Service Community team volunteers.
• Increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts through a variety of public speaking presentations, in-person meetings, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based intuitions and other community constituents in an assigned area.
• Work with Director of Community Engagement and Director of Volunteer Engagement to create annual calendar to support volunteers/teams, including in person, phone calls, virtually, lunch meetings, etc.
• Utilize conflict resolution skills to dissolve volunteer and parent conflicts within each Service Community, encouraging conflict resolution at the community volunteer level before escalating conflicts to management.
• Partner with Membership Recruitment Manager in assigned territories and Service Community Teams to engage in successful recruitment and retention efforts.
• Establish monthly one-on-one virtual communication with Service Community Team members to plan for upcoming meetings and conduct wrap-up conversations following the Service Community meeting. Participate in Service Community meetings once quarterly and as requested by leadership staff.
• Develop and manage project-related budgets and resources.
• Remain informed and compliant regarding the current policies, procedures, and guidelines of Girl Scouts of Citrus and GSUSA, including, but not limited to Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints.
• Abide by the Girl Scout Promise & Law as guiding principles.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not constitute a contract.