Radio Times is one of the Delaware Valley’s most respected interview and listener engagement programs that tackles the pressing issues of the day including local, national and international affairs, politics, race, the arts, sciences and psychological matters. It has been on the air for more than three decades providing a place for informative, engaging and respectful dialogue. The program is looking for a part time producer who is part of a team of producers responsible for booking interviews for Radio Times and works with the Host and Executive Producer on all phases of the program in terms of guest and topic selection, internal and external promotion, research, outreach and editing. The ideal candidate is curious, collaborative, resourceful and creative driven by the belief that facts, integrity and honesty reflect the best in journalism.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This person is the lead producer of Radio Times’ Regional Roundup, the weekly program that airs Monday featuring three separate interviews and focusing on regional news, newsmakers and cultural issues.
- This is done in collaboration with the Monday host assigned to the Regional Roundup and the Executive Producer of Radio Times and requires in-depth research, timely promotion and well-honed editing skills.
- Additionally, this requires an understanding of the tristate area and contacts in the region to highlight both general news of interest to a broad-based audience and the rich diversity of the region.
- This person is also responsible for booking some of long form interviews for Radio Times’ Tuesday through Friday working directly with the Host and Executive Producer and the other Radio Times producers.
- This requires a broad-based interest in local, national and international news and events as well as cultural, political and consumer issues and trends and the skills to find underreported stories reflecting our racially and ethnically diverse population.
- They must have skills to pre-interviews guests to determine their readiness for a live interview and to search out the requisite research including fact checking to enable the host to conduct high quality interviews.
- They must also have advanced editing skills for news, music and other clips to be inserted in the program and advanced social media skills to engage with listeners and promote program content on line including finding new audiences. They also need to evaluate the quality of the show through debrief sessions and regular meetings.
- This person also directs the program on a regular basis, coordinating with the engineer and host, setting up the guests and managing calls and comments during the live broadcast.
- They must maintain a regular and predictable attendance.
- The must be ready to perform other duties as assigned.