The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorker's. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Please list Grant Name and Location)
The New York City Department of Health (DOHMH) has received funding via the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct work to support the emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This position to work on the COVID collateral surveillance system. This position will work on-site to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Gotham Center, 42-09 28th Street, Queens, NY 11101 with an option for remote work.
The COVID Collateral Impacts Surveillance Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and expanding an existing surveillance system to monitor the collateral impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the health of NYC residents.
The COVID Collateral Impacts Surveillance Coordinator will work with a Health Department team to:
• Obtain data from programs around the agency and external partners, including identifying additional data sources needed to better describe the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
• Data management, cleaning, and analysis, including identifying methods to conduct descriptive and trend analyses
• Create data visualizations
• Compile monthly reports for agency leadership
• Maintain Tableau dashboard
• Maintain project documentation
• Coordinate meetings, set agendas, take minutes
• Other relevant tasks as assigned