Improve access to HIV continuum of care for at-risk individuals and partners.This is a full time, benefits eligible position. Travel around the metro area is required as are some weekend and evening hours,
- Conduct targeted HIV screening (rapid testing) at community and clinical sites to help the unaware learn of their HIV status.
- Improve HIV care and treatment services at key points of entry, including Clinic 7; liaise with HIV Services staff to identify and link HIV+ clients to HIV primary care. Refer newly infected and/or at-risk clients for HIV prevention, care, and treatment services, such as Outpatient/Ambulatory Health Services, Medical Case Management, and Substance Use Disorder services.
- Deliver HIV outreach and Health Education/Risk Reduction (HE/RR) services.
- Develop, organize, and facilitate support groups and peer education programs, as assigned; plan and deliver sessions in consultation with clinical counterpart(s), as applicable; recruit and enroll eligible participants, maintain enrollment registries, monitor attendance.
- Track and report data, as required, to demonstrate impact on patient access. Maintain data systems to track testing rates, referrals, linkage-to-care, and services provided.
- Coordinate testing services with other HIV prevention/testing programs to avoid duplication of efforts. Act as a link between clients, Clinic 7, and the community network of service providers to increase partnership, collaborative use of resources, and retention in care.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Work hours are variable to meet demand of target population(s). Evening and weekend hours are typical.
Requires weekly travel within seven-county metro area; may require occasional statewide travel.