SUMMARY: Direct the daily operations of the housekeeping department to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to resort guests and homeowners. The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property; promote an atmosphere that insures guest, owners and staff satisfaction, strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively deal with department heads, home owners and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage subordinate supervisors and housekeeping staff.
- Establish and implement operational standards and procedures for housekeeping.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules according to business needs, while monitoring labor costs and overtime.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take corrective action.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance.
- Train, supervise and mentor multilingual and multicultural staff.
- Ensure OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to.
- Assure that turndown service and VIPs and amenities are being serviced appropriately according to requests.
- Inspect and maintain housekeeping equipment to ensure that it is in working order on a regular basis.
- Order or purchase new equipment, supplies, or furnishing to ensure that inventory stock supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts.
- Recommend changes that could improve service and increase operational efficiency.
- Interview, hire and training new employees.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services, such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement for furnishings and equipment.
- Evaluate employee performance, coach and counsel and termination.
- Oversee housekeeping and maintenance services and refurbishing of units.