Job Title: QC Specialist - Reagent QC
The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintain regulatory compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements (CLIA, NYS, CAP, FDA, ISO, etc.)
- Ensure that QC Testing of incoming reagents and materials is performed and documented according to applicable procedures.
- Release reagents and materials for use within the appropriate systems.
- Communicate material issues to the cross-functional team, as necessary.
- Capture Quality Control metrics for trend analysis.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-past, deadline driven environment.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to meeting group objectives.
- Consistently exhibits a professional demeanor in the workplace and works to maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to work under routine and stressful situations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures for biohazards and chemicals, as well as quality control procedures and regulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Proven attention to detail with effective organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- A.S or B.S. degree in a scientific discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, NYS, CAP, FDA, ISO, etc.).
- Must possess ability to sit, stand, and/or work at a computer for long periods of time.
- May have exposure to blood-borne pathogens, extreme temperatures, high noise levels, fumes and bio-hazardous material/chemicals including formalin in the lab environment.
- May be required to handle blood-borne pathogens and general laboratory reagents.
- May be required to lift and/or move reagents and materials.
- All job specific, safety, and compliance training are assigned based on the job functions associated with this position.
- This position requires periodic travel and some evenings, weekends and/or Holidays. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
*Please apply using the link below. Thank you! #LI – KR1