Position Summary: The director will build philanthropic relationships with community and corporate partners to connect donors’ motivations with Girl Scouts’ bold mission to empower every girl in building courage, confidence and character and preparing them to make the world a better place. In collaboration with senior management, the director will establish the Council’s fund development strategy to include specific goals supported by measurable objectives. The director will build and nurture philanthropic relationships, manage the online donor platform, and oversee the development budget.
- Develop and extensive knowledge of the Girl Scout mission and outcomes.
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors.
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors.
- Respond to donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Manage software system to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including publication of G.I.R.L. friends, a donor-facing video newsletter.
- Lead planning, execution and evaluation of fundraising initiatives (individual gifts, sponsorships, online donations, in-kind, events, planned giving, capital campaign and annual appeals) aimed at ensuring the Council’s financial well-being and increasing revenue sources.
- Manage signature fundraising and donor stewardship events.
- Work closely with the chief of external affairs and the chief executive officer to make direct, face-to-face appeals.
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop collateral materials and videos.
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses.
- Submit progress reports to senior management.
- Have an awareness of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community.