Government Affairs Intern, Metro Atlanta Chamber
Term of Employment: December 2020 (negotiable) – April 2021
The Metro Atlanta Chamber Public Policy team tackles important issues such as tax, transportation, water, environment and education and workforce development. We focus on improving our region’s quality of life, growing jobs, supporting infrastructure and the economy and protecting Georgia’s brand as the #1 place for business.
Our Government Affairs Intern will support MAC staff members, at the State Capitol and our office, as we help shape legislation impacting metro Atlanta and Georgia. This internship will involve learning new skills, performing research and communicating results, and helping coordinate and execute complex tasks. We go the extra mile to make sure our interns acquire valuable learning experiences in a professional environment. This position may be impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and will be adjusted between in-person and remote as needed based on Chamber policies and CDC guidelines.
Our ideal candidate is a high-achiever, self-starter and team player. Successful candidates will be organized, possess strong networking and communication skills, and be capable of managing multiple projects without close supervision. Responsibilities will vary based on needs during the session.
What You Will Learn/Do:
- Monitor and report on committee meetings, hearings, floor debate, other legislative activities
- Track legislation key to MAC’s legislative agenda
- Assist with blog and social media content as well as other forms of communications
- Contribute to policy analysis, bill summaries, written reports and other projects, as relevant
- Support our Public Policy team with administrative and support tasks
- Assist with legislative whip counts and other tracking activities
- Build relationships with other lobbyists, legislative staff and legislators
- Additional opportunities in policy-related projects