Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
The ESL Paraprofessional collaborates with classroom teachers to effectively plan, coordinate and carry out instructional activities. This position provides a positive and nurturing guide for ESL students and attends to their physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs. This position will assist the teacher in instructing ESL children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth.
Reports To: Building Principal & Director of ESL
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Assist in preparing and setting up daily materials.
- Provide instruction to assigned children.
- Understand, support, and be able to assist in implementing, and communicating the curriculum with the children and their parents.
- Work with teachers in team teaching, team planning, and daily routines.
- Assist students at arrival and dismissal of school.
- Assist in the supervision of students during lunch and recess periods.
- Assist with grading and reviewing homework as instructed by the classroom teacher.
- Assist teachers in monitoring, collecting data and maintaining records regarding student performance and progress.
- Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance duties.
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods and recess periods.
- Ability to organize and retrieve materials and organize schedules according to guidelines.
- Knowledge of computers with the ability to assist students with educational technology to include software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high-stress situations.
- Committed to working with under-served students.
Education and Experience:
- Paraprofessional Associates Degree is required; Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- Missouri State Certification in Elementary or Secondary Education.
- Bilingual and biliterate; English and Spanish required.
- Experience in urban school setting preferred.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout school and classroom.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to assist students who have physical difficulties.
- Must be able to kneel, sit, crawl, push, and pull to assist and teach children throughout the day.
- Prolonged periods sitting and working on computer to complete necessary paperwork.
- Must be able to navigate all areas of the school and other facilities as needed.
Please complete an application which may be found at www.guadalupecenters.org/workforges/. If a position requires a degree, please upload a copy of transcripts and/or degree certification to your application. Other attachments such as a cover letter or resume can also be uploaded and attached to the application.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.