Executive Director, Foundation Relations
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Advancement and Alumni Relations, the Executive Director, Foundation Relations (Executive Director) is a member of the Advancement Department’s leadership team. It is responsible for leading The American College of Financial Services (The College) strategy to build relationships with and secure philanthropic support from private and corporate foundations. The ideal candidate will understand the needs, motivations, and priorities of corporate and private foundation funders, including the latest trends influencing foundation giving, and develop creative fundraising and engagement strategies that align with The College’s mission-driven priorities. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to join The College at an exciting time to explore opportunities for strategic growth and expansion.
The Executive Director is a passionate, mission-aligned, and creative individual who will manage all aspects of researching, planning, writing, and submitting grant applications to foundations and corporate funders. The position requires an individual with a demonstrated track record of building successful partnerships, maintaining deep foundation relationships, and a passion for leading grant-driven projects through an equity lens that supports underserved communities' needs. The Executive Director, in collaboration with Advancement and Business Development colleagues, will partner with the leadership of The College’s seven Centers of Excellence to build/deepen relationships with corporate and foundation partners related to funding center priorities, including but not limited to the Four Steps Forward initiative, Veterans, Women, Special Needs, Ethics, and Retirement. This position will serve as the leader in private foundation relations. It will be expected to advise all staff on ways to grow institutional philanthropy to support the strategic priorities of The College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish annual performance and financial goals for corporate and private foundation relations in collaboration with the front-line Advancement team and consistent with The College’s strategic priorities and fundraising goals.
- Create a national network, and build a community of private foundation funders and partners.
- Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with College faculty, Center leadership teams, and subject matter experts to better understand the needs, impact, data, and budgets for College strategic priorities/programs, to submit the strongest proposals possible.
- Identify and actively solicit and manage a portfolio of prospects, including developing and implementing internal strategies and external meetings and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- Manage all grant proposal and award process elements, including compiling, writing, editing, submitting, and tracking grant applications and producing progress reports.
- Collaborate and partner with the Finance Department to develop and submit accurate and compelling College financials and project budgets for grant applications and stewardship reports.
- Build meaningful and lasting relationships with funders through creative cultivations, stewardship, and consistent, timely outreach.
- Serve as the senior writer on the Advancement team to support the Senior Vice President in preparing and presenting cases for support, reports, and strategic communications.
- Track all correspondence, submissions, and reports in a CRM.