To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ph.D. in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- Proficiency with air quality and emissions models, statistical software, data analytics, database management, temporal and spatial data analysis and visualization, and other advanced computer science techniques.
- Collegial, mission-driven researcher with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Background or interest in environmental issues.
- Capability of performing work with no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exercises strict confidentiality of all communications, verbal and written.
Desire to work independently in a fast-paced, creative environment, and ability to work on several projects at once. Work may subject the employee to outdoor weather conditions in addition to working in a typical office environment. Employee will be required to work in indoor, outdoor and mobile environments. Air quality/transportation field work is required. Must have a keen awareness to safety.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.