This is a benefit eligible position.
SUMMARY: Acts as part of the medical team to provide behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning and to identify patients who may be at risk for behavioral health, psychosocial difficulties and/or detecting previously unrecognized symptoms. May carry a small caseload.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders using the SBIRT Model.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provide Brief Behavioral Health services including Diagnostic Assessments and brief individual therapy. Carry a small caseload of patients receiving brief therapy services.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Provide or refer for comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, preventions, and treatment enhancement techniques.