High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous bartending is required. Excellent oral communication skills required. Positive interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to understand and apply written and verbal instruction.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the restaurant. Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving and making drinks for guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, bartenders are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
Must be able to work in all areas of the restaurant including, but not limited to, point of sale operations, payment exchange, beverage fulfillment and food delivery within dining areas. Position requires standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to life 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally. May work near toxic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles. Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- Prepares the bar for guest service, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks. Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, Greet guests, preparing drinks to recipe specifications, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the chefs.
- Maintaining proper dining experience and appropriate steps of service, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses. Properly open and pour wine at the tableside. Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor. Filling in for absent staff as needed. Assisting with special events as needed. Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently. Understands and can communicate products and services available. Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- License/Qualifications: Varies by location
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates