Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Intake Support Associate to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Intake Support Associate works with the Emergency Shelter Team to help men coming out of homelessness and addiction successfully transition from quarantine into program. Provide and create a safe healing environment while men are waiting for test results during the intake process. Oversee the day to day operations of the Welcome Center as it relates to the quarantine site, mail, communication and safety. Coordinate with Program Staff to provide appropriate level of care.
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Part-Time, on-call as needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Work with a team of professionals to help intakes navigate the Mission Road Map.
- Work closely with the Intake Coordinator(s) to help intakes successfully navigate the quarantine process.
- Responsible for maintaining a 70% success rate for individuals navigating the quarantine process.
- Interact with guests entering quarantine on a daily basis, responding to their needs in accordance with quarantine best practices and the Missions grace-based philosophy.
- Monitor all safety and fire hazards, as well as guest activity as it relates to safety.
- Administer observed urine collections for drug screening of guests.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider males for this position.
- Work with Emergency Shelters Team to hold residents accountable in accordance with Mission guidelines and personal competency, packaged in grace.
- Maintain records of guests and cot assignments.
- Oversee the entrances, review late passes, sort and distribute mail, and prepare incident reports.
- Prepare daily statistical reports, closeouts, daily report, clarity data entry, and cash and kind receipts.
- Facilitate the requesting and fulfillment of clothing, hygiene supplies, etc., for guests in quarantine.
- Be available to equip, encourage, and work with volunteers.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Maintain safety around the facility perimeter by developing positive relationships with the guests.
- De-escalate and resolve conflicts and issues according to departmental protocols, and submit Incident Reports as needed.
- Perform frequent security checks and respond to any issues within the Men's Shelter building and the perimeter.
- Take responsibility for keeping Welcome Center office secure and tidy.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff is encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.