We believe in transforming relationships. We have a team that is participating in life transformation in some of the most desperate and forgotten corners of our city. God is doing something significant, right now at the Mission. Do you want to be a part of it?
For 88 years, Seattle's Union Gospel Mission take our calling to love our homeless neighbors very seriously. Our efforts help move people to healthy, thriving lives. We start by learning their names, their stories, and providing first for urgent physical needs, building relationships, and then offering long-term recovery programs. Currently, we have 11,199 homeless neighbors living in the greater Seattle vicinity. More than 1/3 of those who are homeless are struggling with mental illness. 32% of King County's homeless wrestle with addiction. You can be a part of the solution and join the team.
The Counselor works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for men living with the comorbid issues of substance use and mental health, in a faith-based residential program; responsible for counseling men and facilitating classes at the Son Shine Inn.
Essential Job Duties
- Conduct individual counseling for mental health issues, faith-exploration and issues around trauma.
- Advocate for and support program participants through intakes, referrals, safety planning, educational classes, individual advocacy based counseling and groups.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain confidential client files.
- Meet with supervisor weekly.
- Attend training as assigned by supervisor.
- Be willing to be trained and use integrated therapy for trauma resolution.
- Participate in the Grace-based philosophy of ministry and the self-evaluation process.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.