- Requires a GED or HS Diploma
- Minimum or 2 years of continuous sobriety, including active participation in a recovery program.
- Requires a certification as a qualified Peer Supporter. Certification can be achieved within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle to use for transportation during work hours.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Required to drive between Austin Recovery locations and off site locations.
- Alumni & Recovery Manager
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. Austin Recovery works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, religions, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated.*
*Due to our work with children there are some convictions such as sex offenses that would prevent employment to offered to those applying for a positon in programing with children.